Pharmacy First is in need of an analytical candidate who is as skilled in healthcare analytics as they are in business management. The Data Specialist duties include organizing and managing large and varied data sets, analyzing pharmacy claims data to optimize business operations and communicating their findings through the use of data visualization and detailed reports.
Objectives of this Role
- Compiling and organizing pharmacy demographic and operational data; taking complicated problems and building simple frameworks
- Analyzing data to assist in delivering optimal services and achieving administrative goals
- Identifying trends and operational highlights through analysis of complex data sets
- Create best-practice reports based on data, analysis, and visualization
- Work directly with management and users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Serve as a project manager to understand and maintain focus on departmental analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to decision-makers
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders and to drive business performance
- Create and maintain data interpretation and analysis models with various reporting components from multiple data sources
- Develop and maintain databases by acquiring data from primary and secondary sources
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Healthcare Administration or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ experience with healthcare related data management preferred
- Strong SQL and Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- Strong Time Management Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Pharmacy First is dedicated to helping the Independent Pharmacy remain competitive and profitable in today’s market. We offer an array of services, including contracting assistance (PSAO), third party payer reconciliation, and adherence services to help meet the most important needs of independent pharmacy owners. Our pharmacies are given the freedom to choose which programs best fits their needs. We pride ourselves in making our pharmacy services available to all independent pharmacies, without specific ties to a wholesaler. Join Pharmacy First today and enjoy the benefits of our pharmacy management team!
Pharmacy First’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Pharmacy First is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
If interested in the position, please contact Scott Chase, Director of Human Resources, at 913-661-0298 ext. 130 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.